HealthDrive is committed to providing exceptional care to our patients. We employ highly-rated providers in the following areas to assist us in achieving this goal.
As the safeguards of patient care, HealthDrive’s highly skilled nurse practitioners improve clinical outcomes. More specifically, they assist to stabilize census, reduce unnecessary hospital admissions, shorten length of stay, and increase admissions. And they do this all while delivering exceptional care, tailored to each patient’s needs and level of risk.
Nurse Practitioner services include:
- Gathering pertinent data such as patient medical, family, and social history
- Performing physical examinations and assessments
- Ordering labs and diagnostic procedures
- Determining individual treatment plans
- Collaborating with healthcare professionals to improve patient outcomes
Proper dental care and denture maintenance is essential to maintaining good nutrition and overall well-being. Many studies now suggest that poor oral health is related to serious heart conditions and diabetes. In addition, studies are finding possible links to Rheumatoid Arthritis, Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease. The on-site dental care that HealthDrive provides is critical to ensure quality of life and overall health of our patients.
Dental services include:
- Examinations and cleanings, as indicated
- Examinations for oral cancer and other diseases
- Routine extractions
- Denture fabrication, relining, repair, and engraving
The ability to see helps us communicate better, enjoy a good book or movie, and interact with the world around us. In the senior population, common diseases like glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy, can impair vision or even cause blindness. That’s why it’s important to diagnose early and properly manage these diseases, to prevent visual impairment. HealthDrive’s optometry services effectively test and treat these conditions to promote long-term eye health and the independence that healthy vision provides.
Optometry services include:
- Glaucoma and overall eye health testing
- Vision testing using trial lenses especially adapted for the elderly
- Eyeglass fabrication, repair, and engraving
- Low-vision aids for the partially sighted
Healthy feet allow us to walk and stay active, which can improve health outcomes and quality of life. According to many experts, including the Centers for Disease Control, nearly 25% of nursing home residents have diabetes. If diabetic patients do not receive quality podiatric care, a range of preventable but serious medical conditions could develop. Comprehensive clinical podiatric care, like the kind HealthDrive provides, is essential to the well-being of facility residents.
Podiatry services include:
- Comprehensive evaluations and regular nail and foot care
- Wound care management with close follow-up
Our outlook on life often shapes the way that we interact with people and think of ourselves. In senior populations, one in four people experience a mental disorder like anxiety or depression. At HealthDrive, we believe that our patient’s mental health matters as much as their physical health. That’s why we offer mental health services to residents of our partner facilities.
Mental health services include:
- Diagnostic Assessment for the provision of Psychopharmacological Consultations and Psychotherapy
- Consultations on Behavior Management Consultation
- Services include Dementia Evaluation, Group therapy, AIMS testing, Gradual Dose Reduction Assessment
Listening is the first communication skill developed and remains an essential faculty for sensing the world around us. High-quality, custom-fit hearing aids can significantly improve the quality of social interactions of someone with profound hearing loss. HealthDrive audiologists provide comprehensive diagnostic assessments to ensure each resident hears well.
Audiology services include:
- Examination of the ear and canal with removal of wax
- Comprehensive evaluations and testing of hearing
- A variety of devices to support hearing, including hearing aids and other devices